WEIRD things really never cease to happen!
A Bulawayo man produced photos of his mother-in-law’s panties in court which he claimed he took from their garden after the latter had allegedly put them on top of their vegetables to dry.
The man, George Dhliwayo, who claimed it was “unhealthy” for his mother-in-law to dry her undies in their vegetable garden also suspected that her actions were allegedly associated with some “sinister” motives.




George’s protest-like action of displaying his mother-in-law’s undies came out at the Bulawayo Civil Court where his wife Ratidzai Dhliwayo had dragged him while seeking a protection order against him. In her application Ratidzai told Bulawayo magistrate Evylene Mashavakure that her husband was always verbally and physically abusing her.

She also said her husband was also denigrating her mother by calling her a witch. “I am applying for a protection order against George Dhliwayo who is my husband. We have four children together.He is in the habit of verbally insulting and assaulting me in front of our children. The abuse will be over petty issues. As a result of his physical abuse I sustained severe chest pains and the doctor said I will end up stroking.

“He is always threatening to kill me. He also insults me saying my mother is a witch. As if that is not enough my husband does not also allow me to do additional business. I want this court to stop him from his abusive behaviour,” she pleaded. Ratidzai’s passionate plea, however, courted the anger of her husband who said by seeking a protection order against him the applicant was allegedly trying to “fix” him.

“We usually have problems if her mother is around and again those problems cannot be solved whenever her mother is around. Her mother is the one who is failing to reprimand her. “Another issue is that I am suspecting that there is something wrong with my mother-in-law. She is always putting her undergarments in our vegetable garden for drying. To my surprise the undergarments are always and repeatedly put on the same place and will be on top of the vegetables. To prove that I have pictures of the underwear in my phone,” said George while showing the magistrate pictures of the underwear in his phone.

In her ruling, the seemingly shocked magistrate, however, ordered George not to verbally and physically abuse his wife or threaten her in any way.