Dig up my sons Grave; Dad gets son reburied after 2 weeks of burial

AS IF the tragedy of losing a son was not enough, Zakhele Ndlovu (47) was forced to dig up the body of his boy two weeks after he was buried.
Zakhele from Emndeni in Soweto said his son, Vusi Masina (29), was buried in the Slovo Park Cemetery in Soweto in the same grave as another person and he wasn’t happy with that.
“I couldn’t allow my son to sleep with people I didn’t know,” he said.
He said whenever they went to the undertakers they never took them seriously. “They told us the manager was on leave and there was nothing they could do.
“They said the grave was shallow because the tractor broke down.”
Zakhele said it was the most painful thing in his life to dig up his son’s grave.
He said for two weeks he couldn’t sleep at night thinking of his dead son.
“When I realised that the undertakers wouldn’t help me, I spoke to my family and my sons took a decision to do it our way,” he said.
We took spades and dug up the coffin and took it to another grave,” he said.
Daily Sun spoke to the secretary of Sizo Funerals, Natasha Mazibuko, who said they know about the issue.
She said the funeral parlour is willing to sit down with the family to fix the problem and the misunderstanding.
Mazibuko said the family paid the parlour only R1 600 for the grave and not R13 000.
Zakhele said they paid the full amount. City Parks marketing manager Jenny Moodley said according to the City of Joburg, a person should apply for an exhumation order before exhuming the body from any grave site whether it was a privately owned grave or not.
“If the family were not satisfied they should have contacted Environmental Affairs from the City of Joburg to investigate,” she said.
,